Friday, March 14, 2008

Reversion to Elementary School Life


Recently my friends and I were contemplating our daily routines here in New Zealand, and we were surprised at how many parallels we found between life on a BYU study abroad, and life in elementary school. In fact we came up with a list of 15 reasons why we feel like we are back in Elementary school. Here they are. (Oh and by the way that is all our bikes at the local swimming pool, not a bike shop. We pretty much over take any bike rack, when we all meet at once place. It's quit overwhelming in such a small town.)


1. I pack lunch to school everyday, in a lunch box.
2. I trade food items in my lunch with other peers.
3. I eat a peanut butter and Jam sandwich every day.
4. My meals are all prepared and purchased for me.
5. I ride my bike or walk everywhere.
6. I call my friends on a landline and ask if they can come play.
7. I ask permission to have friends over.
8. I can’t be out past dark.
9. You can easily bribe me with Cadbury chocolate and treats.
10. Pizza Hut is the established place for Birthday dinners and parties.
11. Sleepovers are only allowed on the weekend.
12. My clothes are washed and folded for me.
13. Ice cream and pizza are the most exciting meals.
14. We stay in the same room everyday all day for class.
15. We aren’t allowed to go anywhere without a buddy.

2 comments:

Harmony said...

What an awesome life - an elementary school kid! Life is a piece of cake!

Brian & Mindy said...

That is hilarious, how funny.
Everything looks amazing and beautiful as well. New Zealand is quickly become a number 1 on my list to visit someday.