Tuesday, February 19, 2008

White Bait


Since I have been in New Zealand I have expanded my horizons considerably. I not only eat fish about once a week, I enjoy it, with the exception of the featured dish of white bait. As you can see in the picture, it is a small fish with no vertebrae. Therefore New Zealanders scramble the whole fish up in eggs and eat them for Sunday Tea. When they come out they still have their eyes in tact, so your dinner is starring at you as you eat it. I could only stomach a few bites, and luckily I think my refrain went unnoticed for the most part. Unfortunately Katie and Megan had to eat the leftovers for dinner the next night. Sorry girls.

1 comment:

Adrea said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That is SOOO Gross. I am amazed that you ate even a little. I think I couldn't have done it. Wow.